Indian Institute of Technology Delhi is situated in Delhi in Delhi state of India. Established in 1961, it is accredited from AICTE and it is affiliated to Indian Institute of Technology Delhi. IITD, Delhi offers 100 courses across 6 streams namely Engineering, Science, IT, Management, Design, Arts and across 9 degrees like B.Tech, B.Tech+M.Tech, M.Tech, MS, MBA.
List of courses available at IIT Delhi:
- B.Tech (Total number of seats: 1061)
- B.Tech in Manufacturing Engineering
- B.Tech. in Biochemical Engineering and Biotechnology
- B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech. in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering (Power and Automation)
- B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering (Power)
- B.Tech. in Engineering Physics
- B.Tech. in Mathematics & Computing
- B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech. in Production and Industrial Engineering
- B.Tech. in Textile Engineering
- B.Tech. + M.Tech.
- M.Tech. (Master of Technology)
IIT Delhi is known for its outstanding placement record. Top companies across the globe recruit IIT Delhi graduates. Usually, the placement process for final-year students of IIT Delhi begins in December. The first phase placements start in the first week of December, and 70% of students secure jobs during this phase. The placement process continues until March/ April, and the candidates can choose the best offer. IIT Delhi offers flexibility to students to accept multiple offers so that they choose the best among the offers available.
Some of the top companies that visit the campus of IIT Delhi are Amazon, Microsoft, Google, Infosys, etc. The highest package offered to students at IIT Delhi placements goes up to Rs. 1 crore per annum. IIT Delhi always aims for 100% placements.
Apart from the placements for final-year students, IIT Delhi encourages first, second and third-year students to pursue an internship in various companies. Some of the top companies across the globe offer internship opportunities to students. Through internship opportunities, students get a chance to attain work experience and exposure. Students will get a chance to put their knowledge into practice through internships.