IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Kanpur is one of the top premier institutes of technology in India. The Government of India established IIT Kanpur in 1958. The main aim of the institute is to provide quality education, deliver quality research and to provide leadership in technological innovation. IIT Kanpur is one among the top IITs in India, which has been showing excellence in not only academics but also research. The premier institute has been focusing on research initiatives and has tie-ups with various universities and organizations across the globe.
List of courses available at IIT Kanpur:
- B.Tech. (Total number of seats: 1016)
- B.Tech in Applied Mechanics
- B.tech in Biological Sciences and Bio-Engineering
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech in Engineering Science (Energy, Environment & Climate)
- B.Tech in Engineering Science (Mechanics) (Multidisciplinary Programs)
- B.Tech in Manufacturing Engineering
- B.Tech in Materials Science and Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering
- B.Tech. in Aerospace Engineering
- B.Tech. in Computer Science and Engineering
- B.Tech. + M.Tech.
- B.Tech + MBA
- Msc + Phd
Usually, IIT Kanpur begins the placement process for the graduating batch in December every year. IIT Kanpur has an excellent placement record, and the highest package offered by top companies is around Rs. 1 crore per annum. Every year, top companies across the globe visit the campus of IIT Kanpur to recruit graduating students. IIT Kanpur graduates have a huge demand in the job market nationally and internationally. Top companies such as Microsoft, Google, Morgan Stanley, Samsung, etc participate in the campus recruitment process of IIT Kanpur.
All the students enrolled in various courses of IIT Kanpur can be confident of securing jobs, as the placement cell of IIT Kanpur plays a vital role in organizing placement sessions by top companies. Alumni and faculty of IIT Kanpur mentor students before the commencement of placement season so that they face interviews with utmost confidence. The premier institute conducts placement tests to shortlist the candidates for the placement process.
IIT Kanpur provides internship opportunities to B.Tech students. Students in the first, second and third year can pursue internships in various companies. Every year, top companies visit IIT Kanpur to provide internship opportunities to students. These companies also offer a lucrative stipend to selected students.