IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Madras is one of the oldest and popular IITs in India. IIT Madras was founded in 1959 and the institute has been dominating in the field of engineering education and research output. IIT Madras has shown exceptional performance in national and international rankings. The premier institute bagged the top spot in NIRF Rankings awarded by MHRD (Ministry of Human Resource Development). As far as international rankings are concerned, IIT Madras has always featured in the list of top 500-1000 institutes across the globe. The performance of IIT Madras in international rankings is the major reason for the presence of international students on the campus.
List of courses available at IIT Madras:
- B.Tech + M.Tech
- B.Tech ( Total number of seats: 918)
- B.Tech in Aerospace Engineering
- B.Tech in Applied Mechanics
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech in Engineering Physics
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Metallurgical & Material Engineering
- B.Tech in Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering
- BS + MS
- M.Tech. (Master of Technology)
- M.S (Master of science)
- M.Sc (Master of science)
- Apart from these courses, M.A (Master ofArts) & MBA courses are also available here.
IIT Madras has been performing exceptionally well in campus placements over the years. Usually, the placement process for the various courses offered by IIT Madras begins in December every year. The first phase placements of IIT Madras begin in the first week of December. Top companies visit the campus of IIT Madras to recruit students and students are offered jobs in top national and international companies. At the same time, these companies offer lucrative salary packages to students. The average placement percentage of the institute stands at 75-80% every year.
Some of the top companies that visit the campus of IIT Madras are Samsung, Microsoft, Infosys, JP Morgan, Amazon, Deloitte, etc. Companies from Japan, Korea, etc also visit the campus of IIT Madras to recruit students.
The highest package offered by top companies goes up to Rs. 1 crore per annum every year. IIT Madras graduates have a huge demand in the job market. The placement cell of IIT Madras provides excellent placement assistance to students.