Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar was established in 2008 with an aim to set up an educational environment that focuses on disseminating quality education among the students. The visionary goal of the institution is to become a trendsetter in the education industry and become an example for others in the same stream. The institution tries to follow an interactive and interesting approach for teaching the youth.
List of courses available at IIT Ropar:
- B.Tech: (Total number of seats: 346)
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech In Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech in Mathematics & computing
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- B.Tech + M.Tech :
Every year, more than 50 top companies visit the IIT Ropar campus for the placements of the final semester students of the institution. These companies offer a good package to the selected students for the position they offer. Last year, the average salary package recorded at IIT Ropar was Rs 11.77 lakh per annum.
Top companies such as Microsoft, Deloitte Consulting (I) Pvt. Ltd., Infosys, TATA Motors, HP, Indian Oil, Zomato, Samsung India, etc. are some of the recruiters for IIT Ropar placements.