Indian Institute of Technology is situated in Varanasi in Uttar Pradesh state of India. Established in 1919, it is accredited from UGC, AICTE IIT BHU campus is spread over 400 Acres.Additional campus facilities such as Academic Zone, A/C, Auditorium, ATM, Boys Hostel, Canteen, Computer Lab, Counselling, Cultural zone, Guest house are also there. ‘Indian Institute of Technology’ accepts JEE Advanced for admission into Engineering courses.
List of courses available at IIT Varanasi:
- B.Tech:(Total number of seats:1011)
- B.Tech in Ceramic Engineering
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech in Manufacturing Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Metallurgical Engineering
- B.Tech in Pharmaceutics Engineering & Technology.
- B.Tech. in Mining Engineering
- B.Tech + M.Tech
IIT (BHU), Varanasi offers excellent placements for the students of the institute. The institute makes sure that the students of all the courses are given placements in top recruiting organizations. IIT (BHU), Varanasi has a Training & Placement Cell that facilitates the process of placement of students passing out from the Institute. The institute also collaborates with leading organizations and institutes in setting up of internship and training programs for students. The Training & Placement Cell of IIT (BHU), Varanasi not only has its unique way of training the students, but it also provides the infrastructural facilities for the students in order to conduct group discussions, tests, and interviews. The institute has strong links with most of the corporate houses and companies which conduct campus interviews and select graduates and post-graduate students from all courses. Few of the top recruiters of IIT (BHU), Varanasi are EXL, Oracle, Wipro, TATA Steel, DMT, etc.