National Institute of Technology (NIT) Agartala is one of the popular higher education institutes in the field of science and technology. It was founded in 1965 and was earlier known as Tripura Engineering College and was declared as an NIT in the year 2006. NIT Agartala is being recognised as the institute of national importance by an act of the parliament. The institute is approved by the All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE). The institute was ranked 42nd among NIRF rankings for engineering colleges in India.
LIST OF COURSES AVAILABLE
- B.tech: (Total no of seats-877; seats allocated for female candidates-10)
- B.Tech in Bio Engineering
- B.Tech in Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Product Design
- B.Tech in Production Engineering
- BS + MS
- B.tech + M.tech
NIT Agartala has excellent placement records and offers students placement assistance to enhance their professional skills. NITA has not only topped the campus placements in Tripura but most of its students have bagged great salary packages as well. The graduates from NITA have been hired by well-known organisations both in India and abroad. The NIT Agartala placement cell organizes training and personality development sessions for students from time to time. The placement cell at NITA is headed by industry experts and renowned faculty to make students job-ready. The students at NITA bag great salary packages during the placement season. The first phase of NIT Agartala placements begins in January or February every year. Many overseas companies from countries such as Australia, Japan, Singapore, and others visit the NIT Agartala campus for placements.