National Institute of Technology, Manipur was established in 2010 with an aim to provide the best amenities and infrastructure to the students in the field of Science and Engineering. Located in Langol, Imphal NIT Manipur had a very modest beginning with only three Engineering branches. When the institute first embarked on its journey from the Takyelpat Campus, the three branches of Engineering which were offered are Electronics and Communication Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and Engineering at Government Polytechnic. Currently operating from its permanent campus in Langol, Imphal which is 341.5 acres of lush green land, NIT Manipur included two more branches of Engineering, that is Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering in 2014.
LIST OF COURSES AVAILABLE
- B.tech: (Total no of seats-180; seats allocated for female candidates-0)
- B.Tech Computer science & Engg
- B.Tech Electronics & Communication Engg
- B.Tech in Civil Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech in Electrical Engineering
- B.Tech in Manufacturing Engineering
- B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B.Tech in Product Design
NIT Manipur Training and Placement Cell acts as a link which connects the students to the top companies for the recruitment process. The campus placement drive of NIT Manipur attracts top Industrial giants such as IBM, WIPRO, Tech Mahindra, Infosys, L&T ECC, Powergrid, FIIT-JEE and many more. The institute boasts of a placement percentage of 65%. The average package offered to NIT Manipur students is around Rs. 5.5 lakh per annum.