Situated in the heart of Odisha, NIT Rourkela stands as a symbol of an educational mecca in the steel city of Rourkela. The Chain of National Institute of Technology or NITs including NIT Rourkela is a government-funded technological institution. The college offers undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral level courses in its campus. NIT Rourkela has a total of 44 courses taught in its Rourkela campus. The premium technological institution does not only have B.Tech and M.Tech level courses but also offers B.Sc+M.Sc, B.Tech+M.Tech and B.Arch courses.
LIST OF COURSES AVAILABLE
- B.tech: (Total no of seats- 887; seats allocated for female candidates-37)
- B-Tech in Bio Medical Engineering
- B-Tech in Bio Technology
- B-Tech in Ceramic Engineering (4 Years, Bachelor of Technology)
- B-Tech in Chemical Engineering
- B-Tech in Civil Engineering
- B-Tech in Computer Science and Engineering
- B-Tech in Electrical Engineering
- B-Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B-Tech in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- B-Tech in Food Process Engineering
- B-Tech in Industrial Design
- B-Tech in Mechanical Engineering
- B-Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- B-Tech in Mining Engineering
- B.Tech + M.Tech in Communication and Networks
- B.Tech + M.Tech in Control and Automation
- B.Tech + M.Tech in Electronics System and Communications
- B.Tech + M.Tech in Mechatronics and Automation
- B.Tech + M.Tech in Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- B.Tech + M.Tech in Mining Engineering
- B.Tech + M.Tech in Power Electronics and Drives
- B.Tech + M.Tech in Transportation Engineering
- B.Tech + M.Tech in VLSI Design and Embedded
- B.Tech + M.Tech in Water Resources Engineering
- B.Tech in Manufacturing Engineering
- B.Tech in Product Design
- B.tech+ M.Tech
NIT Rourkela’s placement record is as high as 85% overall. The majority of the placements are seen from Civil, Electronics and Communications, Electrical, Mechanical engineering departments, and around 95% of the students are placed in reputed companies and engineering firms. The average pay package from these departments is Rs. 6 lakh per annum.
Departments such as Industrial Design, Metallurgical and Materials, Chemical Engineering, Food Process Engineering etc generally witness 85% of the students being placed in highly reputed firms for around Rs. 5-6 lakh per annum pay package.
Some of the NIT Rourkela recruiters are Amazon, Bajaj, Microsoft, Ford, Larsen and Toubro, Pepsico, Wipro, Tata Steel, Tata consultancy services, Infosys, Cognizant, Sony, Nokia, Essar etc. More than 100+ companies recruit from NIT Rourkela.