- March 24, 2021
- Posted by: Sonali
- Category: Uncategorized
It is the study of bodily functions, activities and mechanisms of living organisms, especially humans. Physiologists generally study a wide variety of topics including organs, anatomy, cells, biological compounds, and muscles, and how they interact and work together to keep the body functioning. In addition to studying human physiology, there are other branches of the field, including plant physiology, cellular physiology, microbial physiology, etc.
You may wonder that there should be someone with whom you can relate or say actually get knowledge about a career in this field. Consider Professor Bal Krishan Anand , better known as B. K. Anand, was an Indian physiologist and pharmacologist. He was credited for the discovery of the feeding center in the hypothalamus in 1951. He is considered the founder of modern Neurophysiology in India.
- Career Opportunities: Professional opportunities in this field include working as a clinical-exercise physiologist, biomedical scientist, physiotherapist, sports physiologist, researcher, teacher/professor etc.
- Paths to Pursue a career in Physiology :
|SR NO||Stream||Graduation||After Graduation||After Post Graduation|
|Path 1||Clear Class XII with Science Stream with Biology||Pursue B.Sc. (Hons) in Physiology or B.Sc. (Hons) in Life Sciences for 3 years||Pursue M.Sc. in Physiology or M.Sc. in Life Sciences for 2 years||Pursue Ph.D. for 3-5 years.|
- IISC and IISER
- Loyola college, Chennai
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Miranda House, New Delhi
- Hansraj College, New Delhi
- Hindu College, New Delhi
- Shri Venkateshwara college, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- BJ Medical College,Ahmedabad
- Smt NHL Municipal Medical College, Ahmedabad
- Government Medical College, Ahmedabad
- Medical College,Baroda
- MP Shah Medical College, Jamnagar